This is a 1 session class ideal for first-time parents, anyone who has not breastfed/chest fed a baby before, if it has been 5 years or more since your last nursling weaned, or anyone who has had feeding issues in the past. We talk about the various aspects of feeding, how to establish a good latch, baby-led latch, positioning, how to tell if the baby is feeding well, and how to overcome challenges. Both the client and birth/postpartum support partner must attend. Payment for the class is due at the time of registration. We would prefer you to attend your classes no earlier than 28 weeks, and be completed no later than 36 weeks. Please find childcare for any younger children.
*IN-PERSON SESSIONS: limited capacity.*
*ZOOM: You will receive an email with instructions and a link to join the session*
**Due to capacity limits, if the in-person class is full, please sign up for the virtual class option.**
- *ZOOM* 08/04/2022 at 7:00 p.m. for due dates between 09/01/22 and 10/27/22
- *IN PERSON* 08/20/22 at 10:00 a.m. for due dates between 09/17/22 and 11/12/22
- *ZOOM* 09/01/2022 at 7:00 p.m. for due dates between 09/29/22 and 11/24/22
- *IN PERSON* 09/17/2022 at 10:00 a.m. for due dates between 10/15/22 and 12/10/22
- *ZOOM* 10/06/2022 at 7:00 p.m. for due dates between 11/03/22 and 12/29/22
- *IN PERSON* 10/15/2022 at 10:00 a.m. for due dates between 11/12/22 and 01/07/23
- *ZOOM* 11/03/2022 at 7:00 p.m. for due dates between 12/01/22 and 01/26/23
- *IN PERSON* 11/19/22 at 10:00 a.m. for due dates between 12/17/22 and 02/11/23
- *ZOOM* 12/01/22 at 7:00 p.m. for due dates between 12/29/22 and 02/23/23
- *IN PERSON* 12/17/22 at 10:00 a.m. for due dates between 01/14/23 and 03/11/23
THIS CLASS WILL BE VIRTUAL – VIA ZOOM
Breastfeeding Education Classes in Denver
Breastfeeding education classes are an excellent resource for new parents, first-time breast or chest feeders, anyone who had previous difficulties feeding and parents who have had five or more years since their last weaning child. Participating in a breastfeeding education course can help prepare parents for the joys and challenges of breastfeeding.
Breastfeeding Support Training
Learning about breastfeeding while you’re pregnant can better prepare you for breastfeeding when your beautiful baby makes its arrival. Here are some feeding aspects we’ll cover during our breastfeeding course:
- How to establish a good latch: You will need to guide your newborn so they latch properly when it’s time to feed them. Learn what a good latch is and how you can ensure your baby has one each time they eat.
- Baby-led latch: Over time, your baby will begin to understand what they need to do when it’s time to eat. Find out what you can do to make your baby more comfortable when they start leading while latching.
- Positioning: Some breastfeeding positions may be more comfortable than others. This course will teach you how to position your baby so you both are comfortable during feeding.
- How to tell if the baby is feeding well: You can tell when your baby is feeding well by noticing key signs. In class, you’ll learn how to identify these signs and how you can encourage strong feeding patterns.
- How to overcome challenges: Breastfeeding is a new and exciting experience. This class will teach you tips and tricks to overcome complications and the unique challenges of this process.
We require the client and birth/postpartum support partner to attend our breastfeeding course. The support of a caring partner who understands the facets of breastfeeding can help relieve stress and lift the breastfeeding partner’s spirits during challenging times. We recommend attending a breastfeeding course when you’re between 28-36 weeks pregnant. Once you complete your breastfeeding course, you’ll feel much more prepared for your little one.
Learn About Breastfeeding With Seasons Midwifery & Birth Center
If you choose to breastfeed, a prenatal breastfeeding class can prepare you for the first time you feed your newborn. At Seasons Midwifery & Birth Center, we offer several courses each month for those who want to learn about breastfeeding. Register for a breastfeeding class online or reach out to us with any questions!