*Your birth support partner is required to attend all classes with you. Please review dates for classes below with your partner, and we will sign you up in our office. We will work the cost of classes into your payment plan.*
We will sign you up for classes at around 20-24 weeks as we recommend starting classes as early as 28 weeks and completing them by 36 weeks of pregnancy. That way, you have plenty of time to apply the information you learn before going into labor. Both you and your partner can become more confident and prepared for childbirth after attending birth classes.
Birthing Your Way – 3 session series *in-person @ Seasons*
- This series on Sundays 10/15, 10/22, and 10/29 from 1pm to 4:30pm for due dates between 11/26/23 and 01/07/24
- This series is on Sundays 11/12, 11/19, and 11/26 from 1pm to 4:30pm for due dates between 12/24/23 and 02/04/24
- This series is on Sundays 12/03, 12/10, and 12/17 from 1pm to 4:30pm for due dates between 01/14/24 and 02/25/24
Seasons Birth Center Refresher – 1 session *in-person @ Seasons*
- This session is on Sunday 10/08 from 1pm to 4pm for due dates between 11/05/23 and 12/31/23
- This session is on Sunday 11/05 from 1pm to 4pm for due dates between 12/03/23 and 01/28/24
- This session is on Saturday 12/09 from 1pm to 4pm for due dates between 01/06/24 and 03/02/24
Early Discharge to Home – 1 session *Zoom*
- This session is on Thursday 10/19 from 6pm to 8pm for due dates between 11/16/23 and 01/11/24
- This session is on Thursday 11/16 from 6pm to 8pm for due dates between 12/14/23 and 02/08/24
- This session is on Thursday 12/14 from 6pm to 8pm for due dates between 01/11/24 and 03/07/24
Breastfeeding Basics – 1 session *in-person @ Seasons or The Mama’hood (3020 Clayton St, Denver, CO 80205)*
- *@ Seasons* This session is on Monday 10/09 from 7pm to 9pm for due dates between 11/06/23 and 01/01/24
- *@ The Mama’hood* This session is on Wednesday 10/25 from 7pm to 9pm for due dates between 11/22/23 and 01/17/24
- *@ Seasons* This session is on Monday 11/20 from 7pm to 9pm for due dates between 12/18/23 and 02/12/24
- *@ The Mama’hood* This session is on Wednesday 11/29 from 7pm to 9pm for due dates between 12/27/23 and 02/21/24
- *@ Seasons* This session is on Monday 12/04 from 7pm to 9pm for due dates between 01/01/24 and 02/26/24
- *@ The Mama’hood* This session is on Wednesday 12/20 from 7pm to 9pm for due dates between 01/17/24 and 03/13/24
Sign Up for a Class With Seasons Midwifery & Birth Center
Are you interested in attending a birth class? Seasons Community Birth Center offers childbirth classes to help you understand what will happen once you’re in labor and how you can get through it to deliver your beautiful baby. Our certified nurse midwives will teach you what to expect during birth and provide tips for staying calm and stress-free. You’ll have a supportive community during each class and be free to express your concerns and ask questions.
The classes offered here are custom tailored for our birth center, with our midwives, with your ideal care plan in mind. Not everyone will need to take the same classes. The midwives will review your Class Requirements form with you so you will know which classes you will need to sign up for.
Childbirth is a beautiful life event that’s a cause for celebration. There are more options for childbirth for first-time parents and experienced parents other than going to the hospital and receiving an epidural. Natural births are an increasingly popular choice and can occur at home, a birth center or a hospital.
Learn more about childbirth and natural births when you attend baby birth classes.
Why Attend Natural Birthing Classes?
As your due date gets closer and you prepare for labor, you’ll want to know what to expect during labor and delivery. Birthing classes teach you everything you need to know about childbirth and can help you prepare for the big day. When you attend a childbirth class, you can gain confidence and address your concerns about becoming a parent.
Here are some reasons birthing classes are beneficial:
- You’ll learn how to identify signs of labor and what happens to your baby during birth.
- You can openly face your fears by talking to an expert or others in similar situations.
- Your partner will learn more about childbirth and how they can support you.
- You can discuss coping mechanisms for pain, including breathing techniques, medication and exercises.
- You will also learn about postpartum care for the birthing parent and baby.
- Receive professional advice when creating your birth plan.
- Discover various birthing options, such as water births and natural births.