Once you’ve completed your prenatal classes and near the end of your third trimester, you will be participating in a Midwife Recap Class.
This 1 session class is paired with a prenatal visit (if scheduled for the in-person session). This class is offered on Tuesday mornings via Zoom, and Friday afternoons In-Person.
- For the Zoom session, a separate in-office appointment needs to be scheduled.
- In-person sessions will have a quick 10-minute check with a midwife or nurse, and then you will join others in the classroom for your 2-hour class. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled class time.
This class should be taken between 34-36 weeks of pregnancy and is intended as a recap to your other classes.
We will review important topics covered in those sessions answering any “last minute” questions you may have, reviewing consent forms, options, birth certificate questions, and the Birth Center Rules. Both client and the birth partner must attend. The cost of this class is covered in your registration fee, no payment is required at registration. Please find childcare for any younger children.
Schedule Your Midwife Recap Class Today
*ZOOM: You will receive an email with instructions and a link to join the session*
Please Call to Schedule this class with the front desk.
- *IN PERSON* 09/16/2022 at 1:00 p.m. for due dates between 10/14/2022 and 10/28/2022
- *ZOOM* 09/20/2022 at 9:00 a.m. for due dates between 10/18/2022 and 11/01/2022
- *IN PERSON* 09/30/2022 at 1:00 p.m. for due dates between 10/28/2022 and 11/11/2022
- *ZOOM* 10/04/2022 at 9:00 a.m. for due dates between 11/01/2022 and 11/15/2022
- *IN PERSON* 10/14/2022 at 1:00 p.m. for due dates between 11/11/2022 and 11/25/2022
- *ZOOM* 10/18/2022 at 9:00 a.m. for due dates between 11/15/2022 and 11/29/2022
- *IN PERSON* 10/28/2022 at 1:00 p.m. for due dates between 11/25/2022 and 12/09/2022
- *ZOOM* 11/01/2022 at 9:00 a.m. for due dates between 11/29/2022 and 12/13/2022
- *IN PERSON* 11/11/2022 at 1:00 p.m. for due dates between 12/09/2022 and 12/23/2022
- *ZOOM* 11/15/2022 at 9:00 a.m. for due dates between 12/13/2022 and 12/27/2022
- *ZOOM* 11/29/2022 at 9:00 a.m. for due dates between 12/27/2022 and 01/10/2023
- *IN PERSON* 12/09/2022 at 1:00 p.m. for due dates between 01/06/2023 and 01/20/2023
- *ZOOM* 12/13/2022 at 9:00 a.m. for due dates between 01/10/2023 and 01/24/2023
- *IN PERSON* 12/23/2022 at 1:00 p.m. for due dates between 01/20/2023 and 02/03/2023
- *ZOOM* 12/27/2022 at 9:00 a.m. for due dates between 01/24/2023 and 02/07/2023
Prenatal classes are an excellent way to learn about pregnancy and childbirth. Various courses can help reassure you and give you manageable expectations as you begin understanding birth, infant care and parenting. When you participate in a prenatal class, you’ll be surrounded by a safe and supportive community.
You can openly ask questions and express your concerns in a secure, nonjudgmental environment. Birth classes can also help you build confidence about delivering your baby and becoming a parent. During your course, you’ll learn about what to expect when you’re giving birth, techniques to get through labor pains and how you can induce labor.
Benefits of Prenatal Classes
Midwife recap classes help you review what you learned in prenatal classes and answer lingering questions before going into labor. When you attend class, you can enhance your parenting knowledge and feel more confident keeping your precious newborn safe. Learning about childbirth and taking care of a baby in professional courses can give you perspective on your upcoming new role in life.
Some benefits of prenatal courses include learning:
- How to breastfeed and the benefits it has for the parent and baby.
- Types of birthing, including water and natural births.
- How to encourage the baby to remain in an optimal position.
- Coping mechanisms to handle labor pain.
- Natural ways to induce labor.
- Signs for when you are going into labor.
- How your partner can be a part of your childbirth journey.
- How to take care of yourself and the baby as the due date nears.
- The changes your body endures during the last trimester.
- Parenting techniques on caring for your newborn.
Our thorough classes can prepare you and your partner to be amazing parents. With our prenatal and midwife recap classes, you can continue your parenting education with help from experienced professionals.
Midwives assist individuals throughout the entire pregnancy and into the postpartum period. You can depend on our certified midwives to answer your questions and address your concerns. Childbirth preparation classes can provide significant learning opportunities for all parents.